Level-up your banana bread game with cinnamon sugar swirls and our festively-spiced Holiday Almond mylk. This fun twist on the classic loaf is sure to delight and please your family and friends - just be sure to save yourself a piece because it will disappear before your merry eyes!
For the banana bread
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas - about 3 medium bananas (Approx 250g)
- ¼ cup Totally Nuts Holiday Almond milk
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup (64g) nut or seed butter of choice
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup (96g) blanched almond flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the cinnamon swirl
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon raw turbinado sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 8.5in x 4.5in loaf pan with parchment paper and/or grease with coconut oil. A 9in x 5in pan will also work and make a thinner loaf.
- Mash bananas thoroughly in a large mixing bowl using a fork or potato masher. Add coconut sugar, coconut oil, nut butter, almond milk, vanilla and flax meal. Stir and combine well.
- Next add almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir and combine well.
- Mix together coconut sugar and cinnamon. Spoon a third of the batter into the bread pan and sprinkle with 1/3 of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat this two more times, spreading the batter as evenly as possible. Don’t worry if it’s not perfect, it will still be delicious. Top with chopped pecans and turbinado sugar if desired.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. The bread is ready when a knife comes out clean and it springs back when you press a finger into it. After 45 minutes if it looks like it’s too brown, loosely cover with tin foil. If you’re using a 9in x 5in pan, adjust the baking time to 45-50 minutes.
- Once finished, let the bread cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan. Place on a wire rack and once its cooled completely you can slice into it.
- Top with vegan butter or nut butter if desired and serve with a glass of Totally Nuts Holiday Almond Milk.
- You can store on the counter, in the fridge or in the freezer. If on the counter, wrap tightly in plastic wrap or foil or store in a sealed container. It will last in the fridge up to a week, and in the freezer up to 6 months. If storing in the freezer, slice first then you can heat up a piece whenever you want one.